Democracy Now! Thursday 31 July, 2003
* Headlines for July 31, 2003
Run time 59 Minutes
* Bush Speaks On Iraq, Economy and Gay Marriage; NYT Describes Performance as Vague and Sometimes Nearly Incoherent
* As President Bush Assumes Personal Responsibility for Uranium-Niger Statement We Take a Look at Another Lie in the State of the Union
* ACLU Files First Major Lawsuit Against Patriot Act
* Ashcroft Seeks Death Penalty in Puerto Rico Murder Case Overriding Island's Constitution and 74-Year Capital Punishment Ban
* Should the Media ID the Alleged Victim in the Kobe Bryant Sexual Assault Case?